Sunday, September 23, 2012

so long, newburyport high


          High School graduation was one of the most bittersweet days of my life. I was thrilled to be done with pre-calc and homework and waking up at 6:00 every morning, but realizing that I wouldn’t see my friends everyday at school the next year was a rude awakening. The weather on June 3, 2012 perfectly described my mixed feelings of delight and sadness. In the morning, it was raining, and continued on and off for the whole afternoon. When it was time to walk into the stadium, it seemed to clear up, though the sky was overcast and windy enough that I had to hold onto my cap. The skies opened up and the rain really began as soon as we sang the last line of our Alma Mater. 
          Receiving my diploma was definitely a high point in my life; I feel like I deserved it, and I am proud to be a graduate of Newburyport High. I’m endlessly grateful to my high school for being excellent enough to give me a choice of colleges, and for the wonderful teachers I had. Leading up to graduation, we had senior week, which consisted of various activities like Vespers (a somber ceremony), the black tie banquet and yearbook signing, Ivy Day, senior sing-out, promenade, and senior celebration. It was great to bond with everyone in my class during our final week together, and I made a lot of great memories with my friends.
senior prom 

senior celebration

klaudia and i, senior celebration

vespers with charter kids

sister+best friend

parents


No comments:

Post a Comment