Monday, October 15, 2012

college life


          College in New York has been a huge adjustment, and it’s one of the biggest risks I’ve ever taken. Even while we were packing all of my stuff into the car, I didn’t feel like it was happening; I could not grasp the fact that I would be sharing a tiny dorm room with someone I barely knew and wouldn’t see my parents, sister, or friends everyday. Saying good bye to my sister was surreal; I went to her work (at a fried seafood shack) and hugged her farewell in the middle of a crowd of hungry customers. When my parents left me at Fordham, it finally sank in that I wouldn’t see my dad the next morning or have dinner with my mom.
          I won’t deny that I’m homesick, and I miss the easiness and familiarity of Newburyport, the town I’ve lived in for nearly my whole life. Fortunately, I’m enjoying all of my classes and keeping busy with clubs and occasional trips into Manhattan. I’m grateful that one of my best friends goes to Hofstra, so we can visit each other on the weekends or meet up for lunch in the city. I can’t wait to go home for Thanksgiving to see my family and friends and have a break from classes, but until then I’ll be enjoying the Big Apple. 

somehow managed to fit everything into one car

fordham won their first home game!
ramtown 2012, a basketball pep rally
trip to the Met for art history class
fashion's night out in manhattan
galaxie and i at FAO Schwarz


rockefeller plaza (taken with Instagram)

(taken with Instagram)

No comments:

Post a Comment