Tuesday, January 31, 2012

birthday festivities

          
           As of today, I am officially an adult! Since it is Tuesday, I celebrated my 18th birthday over the weekend with Diana and Klaudia. After arriving in Boston on Saturday afternoon, we had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory and spent the rest of the day shopping (and eating). I was worried about the weather, but it was a perfect January day: warm enough for iced coffee, but cold enough to need a jacket. 
          After spending too much money on Newbury Street, we made our way to Cambridge to find dinner in Harvard Square. We decided on b. good, one of my favorite local chain restaurants for the cheap and delicious food. Although b. good is known for their burgers, made from local ingredients like the rest of their menu, I decided on a salad with some amazing roasted sweet potato fries. We walked around for a little bit longer before heading back to our hotel, exhausted.
          The next morning, we slept in late, grabbed lunch at Pizzeria Regina (the best pizza in the world. Period.), and trekked back to Newburyport. All in all, spending the weekend in Boston was a nice way to celebrate my passage into adulthood and, as always, I wished I didn't have to leave. It was fun to be in Harvard Square this time of the year, and being around college students/college life made me even more excited for my own experience this Fall. 

we run on dunkin's!
diana, me, and klaudia after enjoying sweet treats at Sweet Cupcakes
beautiful friends + lights in boston

2 comments: