Thursday, October 27, 2011

craft fair


some of my greeting cards
diana and klaudia
diana's earrings--the buttons are my favorite!
sparkle invitations
Last weekend, my sister's class at our school had a craft fair for one of their fundraisers. Klaudia, Diana, and I split the $25 table fee three ways, and had several frenzied crafting afternoons producing inventory. Klaudia and I always say that if everything we've planned about our lives fails, we are going to open a card and soap store, which she has already christened "Suds and Salutations." (My genius best friend also thought of the name for my blog!) In our business, I make the cards and she makes the soap, but in preparing for the fair, everything we did was a joint effort. I have been making cards for various occasions for friends and family for a long time, but neither of us had ever made soap before. For two people who had no idea what we were doing, the soap turned out pretty good, and we are going to continue improving our recipe. Diana was selling beautiful earrings, infinity scarves, and handbags, all of which she made. Although we weren't as profitable as we had hoped, it was a good first selling experience and a fun way to spend the afternoon with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment